Food Buzz: Cherry Pepsi Ribs
1 slab baby back ribs
1 cup cherry Pepsi
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 pinch salt and pepper
1) Boil slab of ribs for 5-10 minutes, then remove from pot.
2) Season ribs with the dried spices (onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper)
3) Tear a piece of tin foil large enough to make a tent to enclose the ribs. Pour 1/2 cup cherry Pepsi under ribs. Close foil to enclose the ribs.
4) Bake at 300° for approximately 2 1/2 hours or until ribs are nearly fall apart tender.
5) Mix 1/2 cup cherry Pepsi & 1/2 cup BBQ sauce in sauce pan, simmer for 5 minutes. Do not boil or burn sauce.
6) Baste ribs with cherry pepsi sauce and reclose foil. Bake an additional 30 minutes.
7) Baste with sauce again when ribs are finished cooking.
Variations you can use or add to seasoning; Root beer, ginger, cilantro, honey, malt vinegar, whiskey, rum, vanilla, molasses, lime, liquid smoke, brown sugar, sugarcane, rice or champagne vinegar, cardamom, ground celery or coriander seed, lemon peel seasoning, orange juice or juice