Food Buzz: Cherry Pepsi Salad
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup Pepsi
1) Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside.
2) In a saucepan or microwave, bring pineapple juice and water to a boil.
3) Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola.
4) Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
5) Fold in reserved pineapple. Refrigerate until firm.
Yield: 10-12 servings.