St. Patrick's Day weekend events
Several events to mark St. Patrick's Day are happening this weekend in Columbus.
- 11:30 a.m.: Shamrock Club of Columbus Parade, Downtown Columbus. The parade will travel from the staging area at Naghten and Fifth and go south on Grant to Broad Street. It will go west on Broad Street to High, then north on High Street and disband at the Convention Center.
- Noon: Irish Family Reunion, Columbus Convention Center. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for children ages 5-17. Admission for anyone younger than 5 is free.
- 7 a.m.: St. Patrick's Day Festival, Fado's Irish Pub. The event will include kegs and eggs in the morning and live entertainment throughout the day that will include bands and Irish dancers. Tickets are $15.
- 8 a.m.: Seamus O'Possum's 30K trail footrace, Delaware State Park, Delaware. No race day registration. Advance registration costs $85.
- 9:30 a.m: Northwest Columbus Macaroni Kid Zone, Bri-Hi Square, Dublin. Event will include a video game truck, mobile laser tag, painting and entertainment.
- 10 a.m.: Easton's Biggest St. Patrick's Day Festival, Fado's Irish Pub. The event starts with a St. Baldrick's Head Shaving Event to raise money for fighting children's cancer. The block party that follows will be in a heated tent. Tickets are $10.
- 10 a.m.: Images of Ireland, Terra Art Gallery. The John Boehling Watercolor Society will do a demonstration featuring images of Ireland.
- 10 a.m.: St. Patrick's Day 5k. Starts at Flanigan's Bar in Dublin. Runners will get with a long sleeve shirt, medal, ribbon and timing chip. Entry fee ($38 in advance, $45 on day of race and $33 if registering more than four people) includes two all day passes to the Flanigan's St. Patrick's Day party.
- 11 a.m.: Dublin St. Patrick's Day Parade. Will travel from Metro Place through Dublin.
- 1:30 p.m.: Irish Open, Bent Tree Golf Club. Golf scramble, four-player teams. Costs $65 per person.
- Noon: Blarney Bash, 555 Metro Place, Dublin. Tickets are $8 per person or $10 the day of the event. Includes a Week Folk Area including crafts for kids. Profits will be donated to the Dublin Food Pantry and Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
- 6 p.m.: St. Patrick's Day 4 Miler, Kinsale Golf and Fitness Club, Dublin. Race participants get a shirt, medal, ticket to the post-race party and concert and, if 21 and over, a beer.