Churros and Spiced Chocolate Sauce
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this delicious "Churros and Spiced Chocolate Sauce" from The Seasoned Farmhouse.
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture
Spiced Chocolate Sauce
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- .5 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over very low heat and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.