Deviled Egg bar (recipe)
The basic deviled eggs recipe is:
- 6 Ohio eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon citrus juice or vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salt – to taste, optional
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to small bowl. Reserve whites.
- Mash yolks with fork. Add cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and green onions; mix well.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Refrigerate, covered, to blend flavors.
- Garnish eggs with copped chives or minced green onions.