Apple cinnamon bread pudding (recipe)
Apple cinnamon bread pudding
- 4 cups Italian bread 1-inch cubes, crusts removed and toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 chopped yellow delicious or Gala apples
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, warmed
- 1 container VELVET Cinnamon, Elephant Ear Ice Cream or VELVET Salty Caramel Gelato
- Generously butter a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- On a jelly roll pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray, toast the bread crumbs for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, beat flour, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, cream, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Fold in apples and bread.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, covered loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake about 15 additional minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Scoop into dessert dishes and serve with Velvet Ice Cream or Gelato, topped with warmed caramel sauce.
Recipe makes 8 servings.