Buffalo-style Hot Sauce Burgers (recipe)
Buffalo-style Hot Sauce Burgers
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 1/3 cup hot sauce, like Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 large celery root (celeriac), stalks/leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, sliced very thin
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large shallot or 1/4 sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 burger buns
- Optional: iceberg lettuce
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef and hot sauce; shape into 6 patties.
- Peel celery root and grate in large bowl. Immediately toss with lemon juice to preserve color. In small bowl, combine sour cream, mustard, celery salt and pepper. Stir dressing, celery, carrot, shallot and parsley into celery root; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill or cast iron pan. Grill burgers over medium-high heat to desired doneness (160°F internal temperature recommended). While still on grill, top burgers with blue cheese.
- Assemble burgers with bottom bun, iceberg lettuce, cheese, additional sauce, if desired and bun top. Serve celery root slaw on the burger or as a side.
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand