"Clean The Plate" chicken fried rice (recipe)
Kroger stopped by to help celebrate Earth Day in the kitchen.
The chef shared a delicious recipe using Eco-friendly, sustainable products.
"Clean The Plate" chicken fried rice
Total Time: 15 min. | Prep Time: 15 min. | Serves: 4
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup vegetables, chopped (carrots, broccoli, corn, mushrooms and onions work well)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or 1½ cups cooked and diced chicken
- 3 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. lower sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté veggies in pan or wok with a small quantity of canola oil.
- If using raw chicken, cut breasts into chunks and add into pan. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F. If using cooked chicken, add to pan and warm through.
- Add rice and remaining ingredients to pan. Cook, stirring often, until piping hot. Serve.