Crêpes and Fresh Fruit (recipe)
The Seasoned Farmhouse's, Joshua Wickham shared a light fresh dish for an Easter dinner dessert or even brunch.
Crêpes and Fresh Fruit (Crepe Recipe from Essential Pepin by Jacques Pepin)
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon melted unsalted butter, plus more butter for the skillet
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, flour, milk, salt and sugar until smooth; the batter will be thick. Whisk in the water, oil and melted butter.
- Heat a 6-inch crêpe pan or nonstick skillet and rub with a little butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the batter and tilt the skillet to distribute the batter evenly, pouring any excess batter back into the bowl.
- Cook over moderately high heat until the edges of the crêpe curl up and start to brown, 45 seconds.
- Flip the crêpe and cook for 10 seconds longer, until a few brown spots appear on the bottom.
- Tap the crêpe out onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 20 crêpes, buttering the skillet a few times as necessary.
Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- 1 Banana, Sliced
- 1 Apple, Cored and Diced
- 1 Orange, Peeled and Segmented
- 6 Strawberries, Sliced
- ½ cup Raspberries
- Juice and Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine ingredients one hour before serving and chill.