Ginger cod fillets (recipe)
GINGER COD FILLETS
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 Tablespoon mince fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken/vegetable broth
- 4 cod fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Sliced fresh chives or green onions
- Sauté carrots, leeks, and ginger in oil in a medium pan over high heat until carrots soften, about 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and wine, stirring to combine; season with salt and pepper. Place fillets on top of sauce. Cover and reduce heat to medium low and steam, until fillets are firm, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer fillets to plate and stir zest into sauce.
- Serve fish with sauce and garnish with chives.
Per serving: 330 calories; 73 mg cholesterol; 138 mg sodium; 11 carb; 3 fiber; 32 protein.