Hamburger Soup (recipe)
Hamburger & Potato Soup
- 2 lb. hamburger- fried & drained
- 4 c. potatoes- peeled & cubed
- 2/3 c. match stick carrots- chopped fine
- ½ c. onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1- 15oz. can chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 c. milk, divided
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c. flour
- 1 c. Velveeta cheese
- Fry hamburger and drain & set aside.
- Melt butter in soup kettle and add carrots, onions & jalapeno’s.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, water, salts, pepper and chicken base. Cook for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add 1 cup of milk and heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining milk, sour cream, parsley and flour.
- Mix well with wire whisk and stir into soup mixture.
- Add drained hamburger and Velveeta.
- Heat but do not boil. Enjoy!