Local seasonal foods with Acre
Farm-to-Table To-Go restaurant Acre shared a few seasonal dishes from its menu.
Baja Tacos with pork
Yield: 4 tacos
- 4 Shagbark Corn tortillas
- ½ cup Chihuahua cheese shredded
- ½ lbs. Cider braised pork butt, cut in cubes.
- ½ cup Tomato salsa
- ½ cup Cooked black beans
- 2 tbl. Cumin vinaigrette (lime, cumin, olive oil, garlic
- ½ c. Avocado sour cream (lime, salt, avocado, sour
- Pinch Sliced scallions
- Place the beans, salsa, and vinaigrette in a pan and heat.
- In a hot oven warm the cider braised pork until hot
- On a hot pan or griddle lay out the corn tortillas and sprinkle a small amount of cheese on each one.
- Heat the tortillas until the cheese is slightly melted, remove from heat.
- On top of the cheese place the diced pork.
- Top the pork with the hot black bean salsa mixture.
- Drizzle a small amount of the avocado sour cream on top of the salsa.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and serve with chips and salsa.
Moroccan lentil salad
- 1 cup Dry French lentils
- ½ cup Carrot, peeled and medium diced
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbl. Ras el hanout spice blend
- Pinch Salt
- ½ cup. Onion, sliced and caramelized
- 1 tbl. Olive oil
- 1 tbl. Mint, chiffonade
- 1 tbl. Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 tbl. Preserved lemon rind, julienne
- To taste Salt and fresh ground
- ½ cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 cups. Shredded kale
- ¼ cup Lemon vinaigrette
- 1 tbl. Sliced almonds
- 1 tbl. Feta cheese
- Place the lentils in a pot and cover with one inch of cold water and a pinch of salt.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the lentils are soft but still hold their shape and retain a small amount of bite.
- Drain and cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400?.
- In a bowl toss your carrots, oil, salt and ras el hanout spice until mixed well. Lay the carrots out on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Once roasted cool the carrots down.
- In a sauce pan place 1 tbl. of oil and heat over medium heat.
- In the hot pan place sliced onion and sauté until lightly brown and caramelized.
- Cool the onion down.
- Cut the preserved lemon in to quarters and remove the inside and as much of the pith as you can from the rind. Cut the lemon rind in to very thin strips.
- Place your raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water, allow them to sit and soften for 10 minutes, drain and place in a bowl.
- Combine the raisins with the mint, cilantro, cooked lentils, roasted carrots, Caramelized onions, preserved lemon rind and ½ cup of the lemon vinaigrette.
- Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the shredded kale with ¼ cup of the lemon vinaigrette and season with a pinch of salt.
- On two plates place half the kale on each plate.
- Place some of the lentil salad in the middle of the bed of kale and garnish with the feta cheese and sliced almonds.
- Drizzle a small amount of the vinaigrette over the finishes salad and serve.