Patsy's pasta sauce (recipe)
Patsy’s Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup yellow diced onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 32oz can of small diced tomato- drained
- 1 cup red wine ( typically merlot)
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon powder garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 can 12oz can tomato paste
- ½ cup sugar
- 32oz can of crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get decent sized sauce pot.
- Turn on medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil, onions and garlic.
- Start sweating the veggies until aromatics are present.
- Then take your drained canned diced tomatoes and red wine and simmer in pot for ten minutes.
- After pot has simmered for ten minutes add the chopped basil, oregano and garlic powder.
- Next add your tomato paste while stirring the paste up wit ha wooden spoon .
- The paste will thicken the sauce.
- After the paste is incorporated add the crushed tomatoes and sugar.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy YA’LL!