Recipes: Salsa Verde
Columbus, Oh — Need a tasty salsa for those tortilla chips at home? Members of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce have you covered!
Salsa Verde Recipe
· 3 garlic cloves peeled
· 1 lb. fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed and cut in half (approx. 4-6)
· 1 med. onion, rinsed and quartered
· 2 serrano chiles or 2 to 3 Jalapeños chiles rinsed
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro,
· 1/2 teaspoon (or more) sugar
· 1 teaspoon Salt
· ½ fresh lime juice
Grill or bake at 375F? garlic, tomatillos, onion, and chiles until dark brown spots form on all sides, for 15-20 min. make sure to turn them over so they grill evenly on both sides Seed chiles for milder salsa, if desired. Transfer all vegetables to blender. Add cilantro, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon sugar; puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt.