Dublin teen dies after electric shock at Put-In-Bay
PUT-IN-BAY, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) —
A Dublin teenager died Friday trying to help his father and family dog after an electrical accident on a boat on Put-In-Bay.
Evan Currie, 19, jumped in the water after his father when electric current caused the family dog to fall in the water and Jeffrey Currie to go in after it. When Jeffrey Currie also started struggling, his sons jumped in the water to help. Once the boat, which was plugged in at the shore, was unplugged, the current stopped and everyone who was in the water boarded.
Evan Currie wasn't responsive on the boat and was convulsing. After starting CPR, the family took him to Port Clinton for medical attention. He died at the hospital in Port Clinton.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources is leading the investigation. They said the dock was checked by an electrician and more examination is planned to determine if something from the boat could have caused the accident.