Where to file taxes online for free
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) —
Tax Day 2018 is upon us. Taxes needed to be filed by the April 17 deadline to avoid penalties.
The IRS and the Ohio Department of Taxation have online tools to making filing easy.
On the IRS website, you will be able to:
- File your federal tax return
- Check your federal refund status
- Find out information about your W-4
- File for an extenstion
- Get your tax record
- Find out about many other tax-related items
Ohio offers a similar convenience to the federal government.
On the Department of Taxation website, you will be able to:
- File your state tax return
- Check your state refund status
- Pay online
- Find your school district
- Calculate interest rates
- Find due dates
- Other state tax-related needs