MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

5 people hospitalized after eating gas station nacho cheese

(Courtesy: CNN Newsource/KTXL/Theresa Kelly)

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Five people have been hospitalized after eating nacho cheese from a Sacramento gas station, California officials said.

Officials have connected five botulism illness cases to Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in the Walnut Grove suburb, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Officials believe the culprit is nacho cheese, but the investigation is ongoing.

Sacramento health officials are also looking into four cases that may be related.

Botulism, a rare food poisoning, can lead to paralysis, breathing difficulty and sometimes death.

One of the people sickened last month has filed a lawsuit against the gas station

Trending