Job Boot Camp

ABC 6 is On Your Side, helping you find a job in central Ohio. The ABC 6 On Your Side Job Fair and Boot Camp teaches people right here in the Columbus area how to get the job they want. ABC 6 shows Ohioans how to create a resume, craft an eye-catching cover letter and develop interviewing skills. WSYX also teaches networking skills and how to organize a job search.  Below you can view videos of some of your Columbus area neighbors who have been through the ABC 6 On Your Side Job Boot Camp and who are ready to work.

Featured Success Story!

Renee Kennedy reports for work each day at the public library where she works on her resume and searches for jobs. Her full-time job is finding a job. But that is about to change after she got a job with the help of the ABC 6 On Your Side Job Boot Camp.

Kennedy was first in line at Veterans Memorial back in July for the Boot Camp. After she met the employers at the Boot Camp, Kennedy knew her luck was about to change.

"I felt like something could happen," she said. "I really did."

Renee got a call from Safelite Auto Glass, earning herself a sales job. She attended orientation yesterday and reports for her first day of work next Monday. But shes also getting other offers. Bill payment center NCO saw Kennedys video resume airing on ABC 6, our Sell Yourself in 30 Seconds series, and got in touch.

"They said they saw my spot on TV," Kennedy said. "In the subject line it said, 'We want you.'"

Whats more she just had a second interview with Revol Wireless for a sales job.

Kennedy just move back to her hometown Columbus after living in Atlanta for the last 25 years. Shes putting her real estate career behind her and appears to be getting a good start at starting over, thanks to the ABC 6 On Your Side Job Boot Camp.

"I didnt think Columbus was going to have so much to offer, especially in this time when the economy is down," she said.July Job Boot Camp: Success Story!      

Job Boot Camp Sponsors

Advertise with us!

More About Job Boot Camp!

NEXT ABC 6 JOB BOOT CAMP: July 16, 2014 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at The Aladdin Shrine Center

SUCCESS STORY: Sean McElfresh "Had a great time at the Job Boot Camp yesterday, and I had a interview that day and got the job 40 minutes ago!!"

ABC 6 is "On Your Side" with a Job Fair, and a Boot Camp preparing people to get that new job. How to create a resume, craft an eye-catching cover letter, develop interviewing skills, how to network and organize a job search, how to change careers, and how to use a staffing service are all topics that we will be discussing in the boot camp sessions.

For additional information about all other aspects of the job boot camp contact Heather Llewellyn 614-485-1401 @  hllewellyn@sbgtv.com

How Your Company can be involved with the ABC 6 "On Your Side" Job Boot Camp:
Your Company can be on hand to help put central Ohio back to work! The combined power of ABC 6 and FOX 28 will reach thousands of Central Ohioans through an effective television campaign giving you the opportunity to reach your next employee. Expand Your Company's recruiting efforts and meet and educate candidates face to face during the event in 2014!

To receive information about having a booth at this event contact Lorie Luthman at 614-481-6601 or LLuthman@sbgtv.com