Ezekiel Elliott denies ex-girlfriend's domestic violence accusation
Former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott has denied accusations of domestic violence by an ex-girlfriend he met as a student at Ohio State.
The alleged incident happened at 1860 Canvas Lane between 7 p.m. July 16 and 11:59 p.m. July 20. The alleged victim called police at 2:40 a.m. July 22 while with Elliott at 23 West Third St.
She did not receive medical attention and no charges were filed at the time. No complaint has been filed to Columbus City Prosecutor's office.
In the report filed with Columbus Police, Elliott's accuser said he struck her several times and left bruises on her arms. Elliott told police he never touched her violently and that her injuries came from a bar fight. The alleged accuser said they lived together last year, while Elliott said they did not. He did say he paid for her rent and was a co-signer on her car. Because of conflicting reports and the lack of proof they lived together, she was referred to the prosecutor.
Stacy Elliott, Zeke's father, released a statement in which denied any wrongdoing by his regarding the accusation.
The reported allegations and Internet postings regarding our son are completely false. Ezekiel has done nothing wrong. The police have investigated this matter and eyewitnesses have verified the lack of any wrongdoing. The actual evidence in this matter clearly indicates what the real motivation was behind the police being called. We are confident that when the truth comes to light it will reveal the falsity of these claims. Ezekiel has been fully cooperative with the police and will continue to do so — along with cooperating with the NFL — moving forward.
The fourth overall pick of the Dallas Cowboys in the 2016 NFL Draft, Elliott is scheduled to begin camp on July 30
This story will update as more information is available.