Kilwins Dublin stopped by to show Shawn and Phil how to spice up a winter hot chocolate. Plus, they showed us how easy it is to make the drink from scratch!
- Kilwins chocolate shred
- Kilwins marshmallows
- Whipped topping
- Crushed peppermint
- Kilwins Sea Salt Caramel (to make sea salt caramel hot chocolate)
- Chocolate Shreds to sprinkle on top
- Red & Green Sprinkles
- In a medium saucepan, heat 4 cups of milk over low heat until bubbles start to form on the sides of the saucepan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded drinking chocolate to the saucepan.
- You should whisk frequently and continue to heat for 5 minutes or less. Then, remove from the stovetop.
STEP TWO: Pour the hot chocolate into a mugand donâ€™t forget the toppings!
- As a fun holiday party idea or a sweet surprise for your kids, you can create a "do it yourself" hot chocolate bar!
STEP THREE: When it comes to flavor, combination is everything! Here are a few suggestions on what treats to pair with your hot chocolate.
- Salty pairings can help balance out the intense, rich sweetness of hot chocolate.
- Hand-crafted corns & brittles
- Chocolate dipped pretzels
For sweet pairings, itâ€™s all about moderation -- unless you have an incredible sweet tooth!
- Chocolate dipped oreos
- Creamy mackinac island fudge
- Chocolate dipped rice krispie treats
- Peppermint bark
- Tangy fruits, like oranges, Granny Smith apples and strawberries, are not only refreshing but can help cleanse the palate.
- Milk or dark orange peel
- Apple pie caramel apples