Jason Aldean 'heartbroken' over Las Vegas festival shooting
Singer Jason Aldean has been left "heartbroken" after a gunman opened fire during his set at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
A shooter based on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino began firing at people enjoying the country music star's performance at the outdoor festival, leaving more than 50 dead and over 400 injured. The shooter was found dead in a hotel room, police said.
The singer, who was escorted safely off the stage mid-set, has now taken to Instagram to share how upset he is by the night's events.
"Tonight has been beyond horrific," he wrote. "I still dont know what to say but wanted to let everyone know that Me and my Crew are safe. My Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved tonight. It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night. #heartbroken #stopthehate."
Jake Owen, who played before Jason, wrote a series of tweets after hearing the shots, sending his love to his fans and his daughter Pearl.
"Praying for everyone here in Vegas. I witnessed the most unimaginable event tonight. We are okay. Others arent. Please pray," he added. "Gun shots were ringing off of the stage rigging and road cases. No one knew where to go..thank you LVPD and responders for keeping us safe."
Singer Chris Young was also in the audience and he tweeted, "Spent I don't know how long on the floor of a trailer behind the stage... know multiple people are dead. Listening to that gunfire...I'm literally shaking still."
Other acts on the bill such as Big & Rich, Kane Brown and Luke Combs took to social media to assure fans they were safe.
Meanwhile, several country music stars took to Twitter to share their condolences, such as Martina McBride, who wrote, "Watching this horrific news from Las Vegas and Route 91 Festival. We played this festival last year. Praying for everyone's safety," and Brad Paisley, who added, "Praying for everyone at #HarvestFestival. There are no words right now that suffice."
Many other celebrities, such as Sia, Josh Groban, Ruby Rose and Paris Jackson shared their thoughts and prayers with the victims and asked their Las Vegas fans to stay safe.
"Hearing crazy news coming out of my hometown... Las Vegas, please, stay safe," Ne-Yo wrote, while Paris Hilton added, "I can't believe what just happened in Las Vegas! What is our world coming to?! My prayers go out to the victims & their families."
Christina Milian posted, "Can't believe my eyes. My prayers are with everyone in #Vegas. Please take shelter. This is unreal. praying for your safety."
This story has been updated to reflect the death toll as of 9 a.m. Eastern time.
An earlier version of this story said the suspect had been killed by police. It has been corrected to indicate the suspect was found dead.