What you need to know about the Ohio State Fair as streets close Sunday
Several streets are closing near the Ohio State Fairgrounds in anticipation of large crowds at Wednesday's opening.
Organizers say some streets will close as early as 6 a.m. Sunday and last through Monday August 6 at 7 a.m. Thousands are expected to join in the event.
Here is what you need to know about the 165th Ohio State Fair:
Streets closed from July 22 at 6 a.m. to August 6 at 7 a.m.:
- 17th Avenue from Clara Avenue on the east to Dora Avenue on the west
- Velma Avenue from 17th Avenue on the south to Maynard Avenue on the north
- Korbel Avenue from 17th Avenue on the south to 20th Avenue on the north
- Silver Drive between 17th Avenue and 20th Avenue
The Ohio State Fair is open daily from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. except for on the last day, August 5 (7 p.m.).
Full Hours of Operation:
- Fair admission gates open: 9 am - 10 pm, except Aug. 5 (Closes at 7 pm)
- Commercial exhibit buildings: 10 am - 9 pm
- Youth Center: 8 am - 8 pm (Closes at 6 pm on Aug. 5)
- Janis Center: 9 am - 7 pm
- Other exhibit buildings: 9 am - 9 pm (some close at 8 pm on Aug. 5)
- Rides (Mountain Dew Midway, Meijer Kiddieland): 10 am - 11 pm (open until midnight Fridays and Saturdays)
General admission prices:
- $10 – Adults 13-59
- $8 – Seniors 60+
- $8 – Children 5-12
- Free – Children under 5
- $6 – Advance sale admission tickets
- $25 – Ride-All-Day Wristband Vouchers
- $20 – Advanced Sale Wristbands (available through July 24 only)
- $1 coupons – select kiddie rides require one coupon; super kiddie and spectacular rides require two coupons; super spectacular rides require three coupons. Special ride-all-day wristbands are available for $25; advance-sale ride-all-day wristband vouchers are available for $20 through July 24 only (see above).
- $5 per vehicle; easy access to parking lots from I-71 at the 17th Avenue exit and the Hudson Street exit at Silver Drive. Handicapped parking available. Ride the complimentary shuttles to and from the main entrance gate and your vehicle.
Where to get advance-sales tickets and discounts:
- Online – www.ticketmaster.com/ohiostatefair
- Admission - $6 (through Aug. 5)
- Midway ride-all-day wristbands - $20 each (through July 24 only)
- Retail outlets – Kroger and participating AAA locations with AAA membership
- Admission - $6 each (through Aug. 5)
- Midway ride-all-day wristbands - $20 each (through July 24 only) – purchase a voucher to be redeemed at the Fair at Kroger stores