Tips for Ohioans with weekend travel plans
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) —
AAA Ohio is offering the following tips for Ohioans traveling south as Hurricane Florence is expected to strike the coast along the Carolinas Thursday morning.
- Check with your travel agent and travel providers for cancellation policies and itinerary changes.
- Heed all official evacuation advisories and orders.
- Monitor weather conditions regularly, both at your departure city and destination.
- If you have hotel reservations, check with your hotel for local updates on the storm’s impact.
- Many airlines are waiving change fees and issuing changes to rebooking policies as a result of the storm. Check with your airline on their policy and:
- Check your flight status before leaving for the airport, even if you’re not traveling to an area in the storm’s path. Flight delays and cancellations are expected nationwide.
- Consider signing up for text or mobile alerts from your airline for the latest flight information.
- Several cruise lines have altered itineraries in advance of the storm. Travelers should check with their cruise line or travel agent for updates.
- If you have travel insurance, know your policy. Travel insurance is designed to offer protection against sudden and unforeseen situations and events. Not all policies provide coverage for hurricanes.